BismilLAH ir-Rahman ir-Rahim
I realised it is important to know the true meaning of the words I use every day in my life. I realised that:
- Iman means Believe
- Muslim means a submitter to the Will of ALLAH
Recalling several hadiths:
- “You will not enter Paradise until you believe and you will not believe until you love one another.” This means I cannot call myself a Believer until I have love for every human being. (What have I done for the victims of the earthquake in Haiti..?)
- “Cleanliness is a part of iman.” This means I cannot call myself a Believer until I am clean and my work and living areas are clean.
- “Let anyone who believes in ALLAH and the Last Day be generous (do good) to his neighbour.” This means I cannot call myself a Believer until I care for my neighbour as I would care for my own family.
- “Part of someone’s being a good Muslim is his leaving alone that which does not concern him.” This means I cannot call myself a good muslim until I do not involve myself with things that doesn’t concern me.
And I cannot call myself a muslim until I submit to the Will of ALLAH. This means I do everything He commands me to do and not do everything He commands me not to do. How will I know what to do and not do? By reading and understanding Al Quran and the Sunnah of Prophet Muhammad salla ALLAH alayhi wassalam.
ALLAH subhana wa t’ala knows best.